Thursday, August 7, 2008

Rachon, the blog slacker...

So it has been a while. We have been quite busy the past two weeks. Jared spent last week in San Diego. He found the seminar helpful but just a little too long. Max and I had a most fabulous time in Torrance with Mimi and Brett. We mainly just hung out and Mimi watched Max while I caught up on some much needed sleep. I have noticed that when I eat sugar I get so tired about an hour or so later. I really need to stop eating that crap but I am so addicted to sweets, especially ice cream. Does anyone else get the sugar crash?
On Tuesday I got my hair dyed a darker shade of brown; I really like it. Mimi, Max and I went to lunch at B.J.'s and Max did surprisingly well. Lately, he has been a terror at restaurants. Boy did Max love the pizzokie. Cheri, the hair stylist, had trimmed up Max's hair and put gel in his faux-hawk. So everyone at B.J.'s was commenting how cute he was. Some server, who wasn't even ours, brought Max a free cup of ice cream to take home.
While we were in Torrance we also took Max for a walk on the beach, I got a pedicure (love those), hung out with Cami, ate a lot of ice cream. We had a blast. On Thursday night I was fortunate enough to be able to see the opening night of "Les Miserables" a play that Brett had been working on all summer. A special "Holla" to Brett as he was the stage manager and the play went phenomenally. The kids in the play were really talented. A special thanks to Gilda for watching Max that night.
On Friday Jared met us in Torrance. We missed Jared immensely all week and were so glad to have him back with our family. We had another chance (thanks Bob!) to go and see "Les Mis" that evening. We stayed until Saturday. On Saturday morning we saw "The Dark Knight" with Maggie. Has anyone else seen this movie? Don't get me wrong, I thought it was a good movie and enjoyed it. But I felt it was rather long. We ended up buying a new t.v. a 40" LCD, and boy does it rock!
On Sunday, Dan and Cassandra came over for a final visit before heading to Massachusetts. It was nice to spend some more time with them. Mimi has meetings all week in San Diego, so Max and I headed back down to Torrance to spend some time with Hayley, Shane and Brett. The highlight for this week has been taking Max to the beach. Unfortunately, we forgot the camera so there are no pics. But it was quite humorous. Max crawled all over the place, shoveling fist fulls of sand in his mouth and not wanting to waste any, licking it off his hands. He didn't like the water so much; although, he didn't cry. He had this petrified, end-of-the-world look on his face when the waves came. By the end of our time there, mind you it had only been an hour, Max's entire face was covered with sand. There was so much sand it was in his eyelashes, etc. We showered off before heading home, he wasn't such a fan of that either. But he took a nice long nap that afternoon. Going to the beach is such a project with all the suncreening, packing, lugging of child...but for a long nap it might just be worth it.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Thanks for giving me a Max fix! We miss the little guy. Olivia used to run out after the waves not realizing that they would return with full force! And yes, it is a task to take babies anywhere.

Mrs. D. said...

Great update...you've been busy!!! I was glad to sneak a walk in with you on Tuesday :)

About the sugar thing...I think that sugar or salt makes my knees ache...or maybe I'm getting old :P

See you tomorrow...I'm off to nap!!!

Mrs. D. said...

Don't slack too much over the next 4 weeks...we'll go thru Rachon and Max withdrawal!!!

hayleybugs said...

Max is getting so big and handsome as ever!!!!