Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The horrible, terrible, no good, very bad mother (me)!

For those of you who don't know the week Max has been waking up at 5:30 am. I have been quite irritated as I like my sleep. He is still tired and will fall asleep but every time I put him in bed he wakes up. He is sleeping through the night fine just waking up early. So yesterday Jared is feeding him dinner and notices he has cut another tooth on the bottom. My poor little boy has been teething and I was mad about missing out on my precious sleep. That is the part that makes me the horrible, terrible, no good, very bad mother. That and the fact that I didn't even notice.

So now Max has 5 teeth, I did a check for more but didn't see any. I feel like he should have an even number of teeth you know 2, 4, 6. Having 5 teeth seems odd; it's not symmetrical and that bothers me. Am I a weirdo or what? Anyone else think odd numbers of teeth are weird? Oh except one, I think having just one tooth is not weird. Don't ask why, I can't explain.

This past weekend we hung out with Jared's brother and his family. It was fun on Friday night we went to Chuck E Cheese. Max had a blast toddling around and pushing all the coin return buttons (those are the only ones at his level). On Saturday we went over to Cesar and Lindy's. The funniest thing happened at dinner. Joshua who is 6 pointed to a soda can and asked his mom politely for some more "cock". Poor kid we all started laughing; he meant Coke.

Not much going on this week. On Saturday we help Gilda move into her new place. Max has become very vocal this past week. When I sing to him as I'm changing his diapers he likes to sing along. He hates diaper changes. I have to give him something to hold and sing to try and distract him. He mostly just babbles. Since Jared and I both used to play World of Warcraft we think he sounds like one of the races called - Murloc. If you go to this website http://www.wowwiki.com/Murloc click on the MP3 link to hear what this sounds like. Max and the Murloc are one. He is really into balls, specifically ones with texture. A friend has a nubby Gertie ball, Max loves it. I can't find it at any stores so I am going to order it online.

3 comments:

brett said...

you want to clarify the max liking balls part, sorry haha immature i know but i am a 17 year old boy.

On a cleaner note i always knew max was going to be a singer, can you say the next David Bowie (with a cleaner image and higher morales of course, well I can.

I am going through sister withdrawls and need to see you before school starts.

Jill said...

Ahhh...Brett, you're such a sweet brother, missing your sister. I always say how much I miss Max. That shows you where my priorities lie.
Anyway, Rachon you are not a bad mother. We've all been there. Remember at Jessica's wedding? Olivia got a nursemaid's elbow right before walking down the aisle. I thought she was just being a booger and was getting irritated. The elbow fixed itself right before she walked the aisle and it wasn't until a couple days later when it happened again that we realized what the problem was. Talk about a bad, horrible, no good mother!

M said...

Haha Max does sound like a Murloc. HAHA!


Sir Maximus Murloc Bartell eh