Saturday, August 30, 2008

Palm Springs Tramway

We went up the mountain via the Palm Springs Tramway yesterday. It was so much fun! Heights make Jared anxious so he didn't enjoy the tram part. It was so much cooler at the top; a nice 70 degrees. When we got to the top we decided to take one of the hikes, the Desert something or another. I brought the ergo (love it!) put Max in and off we went.

Once we got down and started on the trail Max got really grumpy so we took a break by this log and let him stand around. What you can't tell from the picture is the enormous dump Max is taking in his diaper. BTW changing a diaper in the woods is not fun; try as I might to keep it out somehow the dirt got in.



Max really liked standing by fallen logs and sticking bark in his mouth. It really was a moot point trying to keep it out. Even with the binky he'd just spit it out and in the pie hole went the bark; it's a natural teether, right? When we started off again I strapped Max to my back. The trail was a little over a mile. At some points the trail was hard to discern, but even if we got off it we always managed to find it. Max fell asleep as we were hiking. Walking back up to the lodge from the trail was pretty steep having Max on my back gave me a little bit of a work out.



Next we had dinner at the Peaks. I got a cherry Pepsi. It was really just Pepsi with grenadine...so much better than the real cherry Pepsi. I had the Chicken a la Pomodoro; it was fabulous. I had banked on giving Max some of the gnocchi it came with but it was too spicy. Max had a healthy dinner of rolls, chicken and animal crackers. He did really well during dinner. After dinner we walked around the lodge a little bit and then headed back home. All in all our trip was very pleasant. It was nice to get a break from the heat and spend it outdoors with the fam.

P.S. While we were waiting for Jared to finish his DMV hearing, Max and I went to McDonald's to get an ice cream cone. Max loved the Ronald McDonald statue. He kept crawling on him, talking to him, and petting his face. Sorry Uncle Shane I guess this one isn't afraid of clowns.

5 comments:

brett said...

i am jealous, the palm springs trailwayt looks exciting but more importantly it looks as if max enjoyed the trip

ps i love the ronald mcdonald picture

Jill said...

We did the tramway and it terrified me and Chris. When we got to the top, there was snow!

As for Max in the woods--who doesn't like a nice dump in the forest!

Clowns scare me too Shane, and the toothfairy.

M said...

How Fun! I hear the Palmsprings Tramway is a fun thing. Haha I loved the picture of Max and Ronald McDonald.

Mrs. D. said...

Very cool! I got lost-ish on that trail too :) Congrats to Jered for concoring his fear!

Lindsey said...

the ergo looks great! I will have to see about getting one. Max is adorable. I can only imagine the difficulty in changing a diaper in the woods. fun day!