Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Max and Pinecones

Yesterday our good friends Erin and Sam flew to Canada to vacation with their family. We are sad and will miss seeing them every morning on our walk. But before they left Erin took some super cute pictures of Max for his nine month pics.

This one is my absolute favorite a classic "Stinker Max".


Max would like to show you all how he can stand by himself..."Look Ma, no hands!". (Max subsequently fell, caught himself, but that dadgum head is so heavy it threw his balance off and he bonked it on the concrete...pobresito)


Although he can walk, crawling gets him there faster.


Look at those huge top chompers...seriously I worry that they may be too big for his mouth.


Okay now I had to put this one in. We all know that Max is the spitting image of his dad. But I think he kind of looks like me in this one; I think it's the eyes.


So a big thanks to Erin for taking the pics and burning them on a disc before she left.

This past weekend my dad came to visit. On Friday night we went to the best BBQ place ever, Smokey Canyon BBQ. I love the beef brisket and all the sides, my dad really liked it too, although he had the ribs. My dad gave Max a rib bone and Max loved it. However, when we also gave him an ear of corn he had a hard time deciding which to eat, so he just double fisted it. My dad has some pics I'll have to get them.

We went to a wedding reception on Sat night. I tried to get Max to eat a sandwich but all he wanted to eat was fruit...what can I say my son is a little fruity :) On Sunday we had sharing time again in primary; it went really well.

I attempted to go to the dentist yesterday...what a joke. So I have soft teeth and I think I broke one while flossing on Saturday night. We have a dental HMO where you just pick the dentist from a list, so I had picked one close to Jared's work for convenience. I had an appointment yesterday at 12:15 and Jared came home for lunch to watch Max. I got there 5 minutes late (I got stuck behind a train) filled out my paperwork and proceeded to wait. After an hour I was still waiting so I asked the receptionist how long it would be because I had to be home at 2:30 (Jared had to be to court). She assured me I would be seen in 5 minutes and that I would be out of there in time to get home by 2:30. I waited another 40 minutes, then I told them I couldn't wait any longer and left. They never apologized for the wait and were quite rude. I was so mad I called my HMO filed a complaint and switched to a new dentist. I have an appointment today at 3:30. I hate having my time wasted. I get so angry when I think about it...I can't even write anymore on the subject.

Not much else going on except for Max's 9 month check up tomorrow. He is not going to be too happy after the Hep booster. Max and I go for walks every morning with some moms from the mom group. It gets us out of the house and it's not too hot. Max is babbling a lot more now, dadada is a real big hit. He loves blankets, specifically this lion one my mom gave him. He will carry it all over the house, tripping over it as he walks. He loves grilled cheese sandwiches, pirates booty and corn on the cob. Max now drinks out of a sippy cup with a straw. He doesn't like to hold my hand when he walks, most of the time he will push it away. He is getting so big. I am so grateful to Jared for being able to provide so that I can stay home with Max. Max's smile melts my heart.

8 comments:

Pam said...

Wow, is he ever cute!!! I can't believe he is walking at 9 months-amazing! Love to hear about you and your fun life.

M said...

Max looks awesome, thats amazing he can walk now! You guys should come again to Arizona to visit.

Jill said...

He is so adorable! I love his stinker face. You guys need to come to Moorpark so we can get our Max fix.

brett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brett said...

maximus is the baby of the year!!!

congratulations!

Julie said...

Max is so adorable! I can't believe he is walking at 9 months. That is so sad you had to wait at the dental office when you could have gone somewhere fun. I am glad you get to stay home with him. Aunt Julie

Joanne said...

Too Cute!!!

Jake said...

Hey Rachon, loved the stories but I thought it was funny to hear about you in a mommy group. Hope everything is going great.