Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Monterey

Max's imitation of "The Knockers" from Labyrinth


He was blowing so many spit bubbles he grew a spit goatee!

Jared and I had a most lovely time in Monterey. Mimi and Brett came and picked Max up on Thursday night. Jared and I went to dinner and a movie. We flew out Friday morning and went to the aquarium that day. The aquarium was awesome! I can't wait 'till Max is old enough to go. I especially liked the large open water tanks. My favorite fish was the sturgeon; it is so big and prehistoric looking. The sturgeon made me think of Hayley since it is her medicine wheel animal (or so we found out in Sedona). I really wanted to get Max a stuffed sea otter from the museum, but the only baby friendly one looked like a bear.


Jared and I in front of the hotel waiting for a cab


The view from our room

On Saturday I lounged around on the beach reading "The Host". Our hotel was right on the beach and our room face the ocean, we could hear the waves all night; I loved it. I saw lots of babies and I was missing the Mutz (Max). We went to this Beni Hana style restaurant called Saporo, which was fabulous. We flew back on Sunday. It was a nice relaxing weekend. Funny though, how weird it was to not be chasing the Mutz around. I came back refreshed and a good thing because he is especially grouchy. I think his top teeth are finally coming in.

1 comment:

Mrs. D. said...

I found you! Sam and I were looking at our friends on my portfolio site and I just read your comment. Thanks! Sam is asking to find baby Max again, so I better get back to your site (now he's asking of Bashon :) )

Have a great weekend, breath some fresh air for me and we'll talk soon!