Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day!

Max and Dad on Father's Day



A Genuine Max Meltdown



So I was going to update yesterday, but Maximus decided he did not want to take naps. Father's Day was wonderful! We woke up and made Jared breakfast...it was yummy. At church they did pie for the dads, luckily they had way too much so we got to eat some too. We got Jared a video game for Playstation 3 - MetalGearSolid3 (or something to that effect). He really likes the game. In the evening we went to Cesar and Lindy's for tostadas. I rode in the back seat on the way home to keep Max awake. If he falls asleep in the car then he will be up for hours. We had a lovely Father's Day - we are so grateful for Jared and all he does to provide, lead and protect our family. I love watching him with Max; it just melts my heart. Now that Max is crawling, I love it when Jared comes home and Max crawls over to Jared's feet, ready to be picked up and played with.



Max and Dad Eating Strawberries


On Saturday we went over to Jared's boss' house for a pool party/bbq. I was very nice. Max enjoyed the pool as the water was warmer than Sedona. Brett came over for a few days last week. We had a fun time with him. He went with Max and I on a walk with some moms from our playgroup. The other mom's children absolutely loved Brett...he has mad skills so I understand completely. Mimi and Brett are going to watch Max this weekend while Jared and I go to Monterey, hopefully he will behave himself for them. Here is a video I took last week of Max whining but then becoming distracted by his magical hands.


2 comments:

M said...

Max is growing up fast! Man, Max is more of a daddy's boy. I am glad to hear you guys had a happy father's day

Lindsey said...

Fun you are going to Monterey for the weekend! What a great break.

Still no naps? Ahh, that is so frustrating. We've been getting the same thing here occassionally. How many naps does he usually take? Have you read any of the sleep books?