Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Back to the grind



I've been meaning to update, but I've been feeling lazy. Sedona was a blast! It was a little overwhelming at first, because I was used to all of Jared's help in the evenings. But after a few days I got the hang of it. Max did well flying there and back, no tantrums, just a lot of busyness. He was always moving, standing on my lap, looking out the window, looking behind us. On the way there we hit a little turbulence and he laughed...I felt sick and just tried to keep myself from throwing up (don't worry, everything stayed down). The one hour flight was long enough for me, kudos to those who fly international with youngins (Linds).

We went hiking to Devil's Bridge on Sunday. It was like a million degrees out or maybe it was 90 degrees; same diff, right? Hayley and I were the only ones who made it across the bridge. Max threw up on Shane like three times that day. Oh we also went swimming, a first for Max. He was not a fan of the cold water.

The rest of the week was fabulous. We hiked Oak Creek Canyon on Moday. Went to Jerome, Montezuma's Castle and Well on Tues. And finished with slide rock on Wed. All the while Max chilled in his Ergo. I still love the Ergo;,best investment yet! Max decided he like to eat big people food on the trip like fries, cantaloupe and ice cream. I must say the ice cream was a bad idea, I have created a monster. Whenever Jared or I are eating it he whines and screams until he gets some and then he's like a baby bird. We have to keep his mouth filled with it to get him to be quiet. Here is the link to see the Sedona pics: http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk231/rachony/Sedona%202008/



Another thing Max encountered on the trip were cats. Max loves him some kitty cats. He would crawl all over trying to get Tucker and get totally excited and spazy when he got close. We flew back on Fri. afternoon. We had a great trip and loved spending time with family; although, we both missed Jared very much. Max was very excited to see him at the airport. We've just been trying to get back into the swing of things. Brett is going to come over Wed-Fri and we are happy to have him stay with us. Max is still a busy body, he is crawling everywhere and is starting to use his walker.




Btw I found these really cute blankets called Woobees that you can tie onto your carrier/stroller/car seat. I'm thinking of getting one. Has anyone ever heard of them?

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I've heard of the Woobees, but I don't know much about them. If you get one, be sure to share thoughts. :)

Max is so cute! I'm glad you had a great time and that the flight wasn't too bad. But yes, a 1 hour flight sounds like a dream to me! Regardless, it is just harder to travel with children though.

Izzy loves ice cream too!