Monday, May 19, 2008

Sickly, Sickly

So it appears as though Max has come down with some sort of bug. He has a really nasty cough, but other than that appears to be in good spirits. His shots went well last week, he was a little sore on Thurs. but was fine on Friday. He has developed a sleeping pattern that I love. Goes to bed between 7 and 8 pm wakes up between 6:30 and 7:30 am. Sleep is glorious! The only problem is getting him to sleep. I am still feeding/rocking/walking him until he falls asleep. He won't fall asleep by himself and I'm too much of a weenie to let him "cry it out" Any suggestions?


This weekend was great we went to Torrance on Saturday. My mom watched Max and Jared, Shane, Cousin Mike, Maggie and I went and saw the new Narnia movie. It was very enjoyable. Then we dropped Max off at Grandpa Bob's and went to see "Guys and Dolls". Brett is the Stage Manager and the production was great! Brett rocks at the arts! After the play we went back to Bob's and he cut Max's hair. Max was not such a fan. He is a silly kid; he doesn't like anyone touching his head, hair or ears. Here is a picture of the baby torture.




We had sharing time on Sunday. It went well. Our class is comprised of the Valiants 11 and 12. It is a large class we regularly get 10-12 kids a week. They are good kids but have some discipline issues so we are going to sit them boy-girl next week (hopefully this will help).


I got the Ergo Carrier and Baby Signing Time DVD in the mail this week. I am hoping Max will learn to sign so we can better understand what he wants. He really like to watch the babies on the video. But what I am most excited about is the carrier. I am sad that I didn't have it when Max was an infant. It is so comfy for the both of us. It comes with an instructional dvd and I watched it and practiced with Max yesterday, he was very patient with me. It is so easy to use and to switch from front to back to hip with the child in the carrier (it shows you how in the video). I used it today around the house first I had him in front and then I rotated him to the back when I did the dishes. I also love that he is seated in the carrier and not hanging by his crotch. My neck and back are relieved that I will be retiring the Baby Bjorn.


Well tomorrow is my birthday, no exciting plans but we are going to mom's group at Citrus State Park...if Max isn't sick. I love my little man and would like to leave you all with this pic...isn't he the cutest?


No comments: