Thursday, May 15, 2008

I hate shots!




Today Max got his 6 month vaccinations...not fun. I just hate it; he is all happy and unsuspecting and then BAM! She hits him with the first one, but it's not until the second one goes in that he realizes what is happening. Then he lets out a blood curdling scream, he scrunches up his face as it turns beet red. Then his eyes fixate on me and it is at that moment I feel like the worst parent on Earth. Here is my little boy in pain looking at me like, "Why are you just staring at me?!? This lady is coming at me with needles and ramming them into my legs! Help me!" As soon as she is done I pick him up and he stops crying, I feel somewhat comforted as I sit down to feed him a bottle. I wonder what Max is really thinking when the nurse is using him like a pin cushion. I hope it fades from his memory quick as I am already having a hard time getting points with the little fellow.


Max's personality continues to blossom. He becomes more like a little boy and less like a baby each day. Yesterday as I was sitting on the ground against the couch playing with him, he turned to me and put his arms around my neck. (For those of you who don't know Max he is not a cuddly child...he is too busy to cuddle.) I was so excited! Finally my little baby wanted to cuddle with me. I then felt him grab something off the couch; it was my cell phone. He was not vying for some motherly love, just trying to grab my cell phone off the couch behind me.


So Max is not a fan of the fruits. We tried bananas this morning for breakfast. After his first bite he started crying and continued to whine until I switched to carrots. I will try to get a video at some point it was pretty funny. Oh I ordered this really cool, ergonomically designed carrier for Max. It is called the Ergo; I bought it off of www.myfavoritebabycarrier.com because they have a 90 day money back guarantee. It is supposed to be comfortable for you and the baby, I have a friend who uses it for her 3 year old daughter. You can wear it in the front, side, or back. Anyways, I am very excited about it. I hope I get it before we go to Sedona. Max is now 29 1/2 inches long and 19.5 lbs. He is a tank and in the Baby Bjorn he puts to much stress on my neck and back.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Shots are so sad! You're right - the worst part is that they are so unsuspecting right before it all happens! Thanks for the tip on the ergo carrier. I hope you get it before your sedona trip too, so you can tell me how it fared there. I loved the baby bjorn, but when Izzy got bigger it hurt my neck/back too. A lifesaver in the first few months though.