Saturday, December 13, 2008

Max'S Great Escape




Isn't that black eye a beauty? We don't know how he got it exactly; it looks pretty bad now that it's starting to yellow up. It miraculously appeared last Sunday morning. Hopefully it will be gone by Christmas. Currently, Max is a little under the weather. He has a bit of a cold. So last night he had a hard time falling asleep, he woke up after one sleep cycle. He was crying and I decided to let him cry a bit to see if he'd fall back asleep. All of the sudden I hear a loud crash in his room. I rush in thinking he fell against the rail of his crib in a drunken sleep-deprived stupor. As I opened his bedroom door, to my horror he was running towards me crying. Yep, he escaped. I think he used his crib bumper for extra leverage to get upon the rail and the weight of his head sent him toppling over the side. I checked him out and he seemed okay, no broke bones or anything. I then removed the crib bumper and his musical aquarium as well as moving all toys away from the "fall zone". I was a little freaked and tried to have him sleep with Jared and I last night but Max is a major bed hog so I caved and put him back in his crib halfway through the night. So scary. I hope he doesn't try it again, otherwise I may be forced to kennel him with one of these little treats...the cozy crib tent II.

1 comment:

Jill said...

My friend has those baby tents for her twins. They were very naughty. Now they stay in place.