Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's been a long while...

Yet again I have become the blog slacker. I left my camera at my mom's when I get it back I will upload some new videos and pics. Here is one of my most favorite pics of Max. This was taken in Costco and he is wearing daddy's hat. I lovve his cute little face.



We had a fabulous Thanksgiving. We went to Arizona to visit G-Pa and G.G. We had a great time. Max did surprisingly well. I was worried about his sleeping but he slept like a long in the pack and play. We arrived at 2am Wed morning. Luckily Max slept in until about 9am. We were going to go to lunch with my dad when I realized I hadn't brought my bag in last night. I went to retrieve it from the car, but it wasn't there. It turns out that neither Jared nor I loaded it into the car. I felt like such a tard. I sulked off to the mall in my pajamas to buy some new clothes. There is nothing worse than shopping when you're not in the mood. After I was done buying a new wardrobe we met up with G-Pa at HoneyBears. Max enjoyed his corn on the cob and cried when it was gone. It was raining lightly and we headed over to the Phoenix Zoo to see the Zoo Lights. We had an hour to kill before the park opened and Max had a blast running about the bridge. He loved looking at the lights that decorated the zoo.
We spent Thanksgiving Day at Aunt Julie's; the food was tasty as usual. Max had a lot of fun hanging out with the younger girl cousins. He loved Emily and Lacey and the trampoline. The day after Thanksgiving we dropped Max off at Wayne and Becky's and Lexi watched him while Gina, Dad, Jared and I headed off to the Coyote game. The Coyote's won and after we went to dinner at Kabuki. On Saturday we went to the botanical gardens. It was the Fall Color Festival and there were lots of people there. Max had a blast running around and seeing all the dogs. That evening we played Ticket to Ride. It was a close game and Gina, Dad, Jared and I were all on the same side of the board. We left on Sunday morning. It took us all day to get home and 3 hours alone from Indio to Riverside. Max was screaming bloody murder for the last 20 minutes or so. He was so done with his car seat.
I forgot to mention how much Max loves cats. Especially Tucker and Bullseye. The entire time we were at my dad's house he would run from kitty hiding spot to hiding spot. It would go something like this: Run and look under the kitchen table, run into G-Pa's room look under the bed, run over and look in the tub...repeat process. Max now knows what a kitty cat says, "Meow" or "Mow" or some variation of a high pitched "Mew".

4 comments:

Jill said...

I love that cute little face as well. What a bummer about your clothes, but at least you got some new clothes out of it.

michellep said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time in Arizona for Thanksgiving, but does it mean you won't be there for Christmas? We went with my family for Thanksgiving so will be in Mesa for Christmas. We might be off on our holiday schedules : (

Unknown said...

When Max visits next I will set up a fast track for him to travel from kitty hiding place to kitty hiding place. Love, G.G.

Mrs. D. said...

Great update! It's so nice that you could go see your family in Arizona :)