Saturday, November 15, 2008

Family Party

(I forgot a bib so we MacGyvered one using a Target bag)

SO yes I've been a blog slacker again. Sometimes I just don't want to use my precious alone time (when Max is napping) to blog. I've been trying to keep a tidier house, cleaning while he's sleeping, but honestly by the time Jared gets home it looks the same as when he left. Anyways, Max is sleeping now so here is an update.


Last Saturday we had a splendid time at the park. Mimi went all out. She got a sandwich tray from Subway, a Cars cake, and Cars place settings. Max is really into Cars. I think it's because Lightning McQueen is so shiny and red. Max kept grabbing at the cars on the tablecloth. It ended up just being a family party: Jared, Mimi, Brett, Shane, Gilda, Sam, Michael, Bob Leila and R.J. It was very nice and stress free. Max got completely spoiled with presents. He especially love the balloons and spent about 20 minutes chasing them all around. We were so grateful that Mimi threw him the party, because I didn't want to do another one after all the stress of the friend party.











We went back to Mimi's and Max took a nap. Jared and I went to a movie while Max napped...don't worry Mimi watched him. whilst we were away. This week has been busy. We went to mom group a couple times and gymboree. Max got his one year shots. He did fine, even slept 12 1/2 hours that night. three days after his shots I notice some pimple-looking bite on his tummy. It started out as one, then two, then I saw a third one forming. I took him in and the doctor thought it was some sort of bug bite, possibly chiggers...aka bed bugs. Yuck! So I stripped his bed and looked for the culprits, but alas they were no where to be found. The doctor gave us a prescription for bactroban. I put that on last night and it looks better already.
Today we were going to go down to Orange County and run some errands like go to the law bookstore for Jared to pick up some books. However, in lieu of the fires we have decided to take a lazy day at home. You can see a big billow of smoke on the horizon from the fire in Corona. We went to the UCR botanical gardens this morning to take family pictures, but didn't stay long due to Max's sour mood. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention he's teething. His upper incisors (not the front ones, the ones next to those) are breaking through the skin. I feel like there are two stages of crankiness for each tooth or sets of teeth that come in. First, they get grumpy when they are coming down. Then, they get grumpy when the tooth actually comes though. Anyways, when we were at the mall this morning I saw the Twilight pic in the window of Hot Topic. I'm so excited to see the movie, even though I feel I will be disappointed. Although, I haven't seen the movie yet I wasn't happy with the casting for so many reasons...but we'll see hopefully my unhappiness is premature.


2 comments:

Jill said...

I agree with the Twilight casting. I'm seeing the movie this Friday and we'll have to compare notes.
Max's birthday party looked like fun. I can't believe he's one year old! Wish we could see you guys for Thanksgiving.

Mrs. D. said...

Edward is definately growing on me :) I'm excited just to go out with you and our friends for a night of selfish pleasures (movie and dessert...what could be better?). I hope you (and me) really do like the movie! I'm setting my expectations low :)