Sunday, April 5, 2009

Dancing Queen...er, King!


So I have been a blog slacker again. First Max was sick, then I was sick and now it looks like Jared is getting sick. We've been really busy. Jared and I went to San Francisco a couple weekends ago sans Maximus. We had a nice time although I was just starting to get sick. We went to Alcatraz and ate at some yummy restaurants. While he was in meetings I spent time with one of my favorite people ever - Karen Lin. I am so excited she got the residency at UCLA Peds. She will be closer so theoretically we can see more of her. I always find it strange when I am without Max. It's like I know I used to function perfectly fine without him, but when I'm away from him I find myself wondering what it was I used to do to pass the time. When he's around I am so busy playing, keeping track of and distracting him (from things he should not touch or do like standing on top of his push and ride tractor) I rarely have time to do the things I once did. I'm not complaining I love spending time with my baby, I just find it weird that when we're apart I don't just snap back into my old hobbies.
Two Saturdays ago we took Max to the Riverside Airshow. Boy did he love it! There is also a classic car show going on at the same time. We had so much fun, I think we will make it an annual event. A colleague of Jared's has a corvette and was kind enough to let Max sit in it and pretend to drive the wheel and beep the horn. Maximus thought he was the coolest kid on the block.


On Thursday Max and I went with some friends to Disneyland. It was a little crowded but not too bad. They had reopened the petting zoo that week. Max and his friend Wyatt absolutely loved the goats (in the petting zoo area the only animals are goats). Max got a little confused and thought the goats say "moo". I swear those goats are doped up on something. They are the most docile creatures; they tolerated Max's stalking and patting which some might actually define as light hitting. We continually worked on being gentle.



On Saturday I took Max to the park. Erin and I walked over and as soon as we started off Max and Sam (her son) were holding hands in between their strollers. Sam would say something and Max would imitate him and they would laugh and laugh. It melted my heart, I wish I had video of it. When I think of Erin moving back to Canada it makes me sad. She is my best friend here in Riverside. Her friendship has truly enriched my life. I guess once she gets all settled in Jared and I will just have to take a vacation and visit her in New Brunswick.



Max seems to be getting madder, as in crazy. He is the busiest little bee I have ever known. After he has pulled all his toys out of the box he will stand and scan the room looking for things to get in to. He loves keys and phones but what really makes his heart sing are wallets. He especially loves Jared's, I think mine is old news. He loves to pull every card, dollar bill and bit of paper out of the wallet and toss it on the floor. He then grabs the gold Wells Fargo debit card and repeats "key kaa" (credit card) over and over. I'm telling you the draw of the gold Wells Fargo debit card is eerily reminiscent to that of the "One ring" aka "the precious" in Lord of the Rings. It really is quite silly. Max has now discovered the fun of sitting in his toy bin. He likes to pile toys in and then climb in with them. He loves Elmo.


Max has also become quite the dancer. In the previous video he just stomped his feet a lot now he get his arms going as well. I will let the video speak for itself. Notice the flapping chicken wing as he crunks it up to Jason Mraz. If you want some lessons let me know I'm sure we can work something out. Please don't judge my messy house; this was filmed when I was just getting over being sick. Not that it is a whole lot cleaner when I'm well, but Max had just made a huge mess of things. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Mrs. D. said...

Rachon, you made me cry :) You're my bestfriend and I fully expect your family to come visit us and we'll come back to visit you!

Jill said...

Watching Max dance reminds me of Brad and Chris who both use to go nuts over Beck and The Bare Naked Ladies! I'll let you know next time we go to D-land so we can meet up.

J Hardy said...

Rachon! You guys came to SF and didn't call... now I'm just sad :( Max is adorable - love that chicken wing!