Sunday, September 21, 2008

Max...the real boy

Max climbing through a tunnel at Gymboree

Max eating his marshmallow ice cream cone
(It was in the goodie bag from the mom's group activity)

So my baby is less of a baby and more of a boy lately. It makes me sad that he is getting big so quickly. Although, this is my favorite age thus far. He walks, plays with people and toys, babbles, displays a wide range of emotion and is starting to communicate with us. Yesterday morning he brought his bottles to me wanting me to feed him. This is a really fun age, he loves people, laughs all the time and his smile still melts my heart...I don't think that will ever change. This past week was really busy. Here's a little run down.


My car got a new battery and some much needed love from the mechanic. We went to Fernando's Auto Care here in Riverside and were really impressed with their service. It looks like we have found our mechanic, a mechanic we can trust. So Max and I went with Jared to Needles to keep him company. Ah...Needles, where do I begin. Not much going on there. We had reserved a room at a small motel via Expedia. However, when we arrived no one was at the counter, mind you it's only 11:30 pm. We rang the bell, knocked, called Expedia who called the motel manager. He was supposedly on his way, I don't know where he was exactly but he couldn't make his way to the front desk within 10 minutes. I was so mad, Max had woken up at this point, Expedia tried to tell me I would still get charged if we went to another hotel. After requesting to speak to a supervisor and being placed on hold I was told I would not be charged. We ended up staying at Best Western and everything worked out.


After Jared finished with court we headed to see the London Bridge at Lake Havasu before taking the 3 1/2 hour drive home. It was hot outside, we saw the bridge, Max chased some pigeons, we ate pizza and sat in on a timeshare presentation. It would be nice to get a timeshare, but we figured we ought to acquire a permanent residence first. We spent our $100 certificate in the resort lobby on a cute shirt for Max, candy, magazines and random things like sunscreen and Dramamine. On the drive home Max slept and we drove through a lovely lightning storm. How I wish it were stormy more often here...wishful thinking I know.





We went to a mom's group function Saturday morning. Max had a fun time, still loving the swings. He also discovered push toys/walkers. Someone from the group brought one and it was like a black hole sucking Max in. It had many buttons and made many sounds, it was quite exciting. In the afternoon we drove to Gilda's and hung out. Max made yet another discovery...his tongue. He kept sticking it out and pinching it with his fingers, he continued doing this today but also tried to grab and bite our tongues. He is so silly!




Gilda was kind enough to watch Max while Jared and I went to watch his friend's (Eric) band play. It was nice to get out sans Max. We hadn't seen Eric in a while. Eric is one of Jared's best buds. We had a great time!

3 comments:

Mrs. D. said...

Thanks again for taking us along to the mom's club event! It is so crazy how quick Max is growing up...but I LOVE that he chases Sam around now :)

brett said...

what a wonderful update full of information, pictures; grammar free might i add.

Jill said...

I love getting free stuff from timeshare presentations. BTW the random guy with the bald eagle was just that--a random guy holding a bald eagle. I just liked how it was very American.